'Tis the season for PARTIES! A majority of my clients lately have been coming in for makeup for a holiday party or a night out with girlfriends! Here photos from two of the makeovers I did today...
Ronya was headed to a non-formal holiday party. We decided to go with a silvery-blue eye to match her dress and a nude lip. I focused on highlighting her cheekbones since she complained that she has "no cheeks!"
1. Prime Skin - I used Prep & Prime Skin Base all over. I like to let that soak in for a few minutes and do the eyes in the mean time.
2. I filled in her brows with Lingering brow pencil. Her hair is light, and she has a petite face, so a dark brown would've overwhelmed her face. Lingering is a great brow pencil for dark blonde or light brown hair!
3. Eyes - I primed her eye with Soft Ochre Paint Pot. For shadow I used Tilt all over the lid, Knight Divine in the crease, and Nehru on the outer corner. I used Black track fluidline to line the top lashline and her waterline--She wanted a big wing! We skipped lashes and finished up with False Lash Mascara
4. Skin - Face and body was more than enough coverage! Her skin is absolutely flawless! Ronya mentioned that she struggles with dark circles under her eyes so I applied Studio Finish Concealer in two shades lighter than her foundation. I worked the concealer all the way across the top of her cheekbones to act as a highlight as well. We set everything with Select Sheer Pressed Powder.
5. Cheeks - We contoured with Blunt blush, which is great for contouring medium to dark skin tones! On her cheeks I applied an older Mineralize Skinfinish, and to be honest I forgot the name (So sorry! Dainty blush is a similar shade that would work well). After than I dusted a bit of Soft and Gentle MSF on top of everything to bring out the highlights. Doing that helped us add depth to her cheeks.
6. Lips - This girl loves a nude lip! We kept it simple: Myth lipstick and Myth Lipglass!
Jazmine was headed to her mom's birthday party, and a big party at that! The theme was Old Hollywood so of course we had to go with a red lip! Jazmine loves drama so we did a heavy smokey eye and big lashes to go with her bright lips!
Jazmine was a lot of fun to work with! I love it when my client isn't afraid of makeup! Here's everything we used....
1. Prep and Prime Skin Base
2. I filled in her brows with Stud brow pencil. After than I carved out the shape with studio finish concealer and a 212 brush. Her brow hairs are a little longer so I set them in place with a clear brow gel.
3. Eyes - I prepped her eye with Groundwork Paint Pot to ensure nothing would crease throughout the evening. I then covered her whole eyelid in a THIN layer of Blitz & Glitz Fluildline. This helps the black shadow go on super black, so that way her smokey eye is SUPER SMOKEY :) ! I packed Black Tied eyeshadow on to her lid with a 242 and blended out the edges with a 224. Blending out the edges of the black shadow is very important, you don't want to see any lines! I swept Saddle into her crease and highlighted under her brows with Grain. For liner I smudged Blacktrack Fluidline across her lower lashline and into her waterline. We finished the eyes with #44 lashes and a light coat of mascara!
4. Skin - We chose Studio Fix Fluid. A full coverage and matte finish went well with the red lip and "Old Hollywood" theme of the party. For concealer I used Studio Finish Concealer, and like Ronya's, I extended the concealer across the top of her cheeks for a highlight. I used two different powders for this look, I pressed Select Sheer Loose in a much lighter shade into the concealer under her eyes, and I set the rest of her face with a shade that matched her skin.
5. Cheeks - Raizin blush all day long! Simple as that!
6. And for her beautiful red lip I used Prep & Prime lip to ensure everything would last, Viva Glam 1, and Cherry Lip Pencil.
Beautiful and Glamorous!
My attempt at keeping up with the times...